Once the application is received and accepted by the Training Fund, the sponsored individual will be contacted by a representative from the Training Fund to schedule a drug screen. After receiving verification of clearance, the sponsored individual will receive an appointment time and date to begin the Apprenticeship Application Process.
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements:
- At least 17 years of age
- (1) High School diploma, GED or minimum 10th grade education or higher, (2) completed a General Educational Development (GED) Program or high school equivalency program, or (3) completion of an educational equivalency exam establishing an educational aptitude sufficient to comprehend the Apprentice Program's Curriculum (as determined by the Fund)
- Possess a social security card
- Physically able to perform the work of the trade
- Have a reading, writing, understanding and communicating ability that would enable the applicant to perform the tasks of the Construction Craft Laborer in a safe manner and would allow the applicant to comprehend the subject matter taught in English only, in related instruction. (i.e. Google Translate or similar)
- Valid Driver's License, unless the referring Employer agrees in advance to waive this requirement
These items must be brought to the Training Fund at the time of their scheduled appointment. If any one of the three required documents is not supplied, the application will be determined incomplete and applicant will be turned away.
Additionally, all sponsored individuals must possess the ability to read, write, and communicate in English.